Valecia is certified as a Personal trainer with NESTA and is also a Licensed Massage Therapist through the state of Texas. She provides corporate chair massage to many satisfied client, some of them include Exxon Mobile, BP, and Kipp Academy.
Okay, the holidays are over and it’s time to get back on our feet and get going. Summer vacation will be here soon and, ladies, you know we want to look good in our summer attire. It’s time to get our body talking, like Olivia Newton John would put it.
Making time to even become motivated to become physically active can be an extremely daunting task…one that can be so unnatural that it becomes a chore. In several cases lack of preparation is the number one cause of not starting an exercise program.
Let’s take a look at a few things that we as divas can do to get motivated to start our personal fitness regime:
- Set Goals – I’m sure this is something that you heard from your mother. Well, ladies, she was right. If you fail to plan; you plan to fail. It is important that you set a standard for yourself. If you don’t, you will be just floating like a leaf in a tornado wind…not knowing where you will end end up
- Make a Fitness Plan-start by making notes (even small ones) of any changes that you desire to make. Prioritize them according to importance to you. For example, you may want to get to the gym 3 times a week instead of 3 times a year. You may want to eat a nutritious breakfast bar instead of the 1500 calorie breakfast that you’ve eaten for the last 10 years. You may want to start having massages once a month to help move the toxins out of your muscles once you’ve worked those muscles out. Whatever your plans are…WRITE THEM DOWN!
- Buy a New Outfit-Now, girlfriend, you know when we look good, we what!? You got it…we feel good. Buy that new outfit in the size that you would like to be (now, be realistic with yourself). Hang it in the bathroom where you see it every time you get dressed. Set a goal of losing 1 pound per week and figure out where you would like to be in a certain amount of time to be able to fit into that outfit.
- Play Your Favorite Music-"play that funky music" find music that gets your brain pumpin’. If you ever notice, when you are in the grocery store, most of the music is fast paced. Ever thought about the purpose of moving music? It’s so your brain is moving and making your hands move faster to put more groceries in the cart. Same with workout music. If you find music that stimulates you, you will have a more effective and enjoyable workout.
- Plan a Trip-Even the thought of going on a vacation always seems to spark a new incentive to look your best. Pick a goal date (e.g. 3 months from now) and incorporate a vacation in your plan. Your motivation level will definitely increase when you think about looking good during your next beach vacation where you can show off your 6 pack.