THE BIG IDEA: Champion Leaders are given to make life better for others in the will of God.
BIBLE FACT: Only God can design true leaders in any generation; and when He does they always rise to
the occasion to meet the challenges of the day.
Peter Drucker offers insightful guidance to the church when he calls leadership a peak performance by one who is "the trumpet that sounds a clear sound of the organizations' goals." His five requirements for this task are amazingly reliable and useful for those who dare to lead churches:
(1) a leader works;
(2) a leader sees his/her assignment as responsibility rather than rank or privilege;
(3) a leader wants strong, capable, self-assured, independent associates;
(4) a leader creates human energies and vision;
(5) a leader develops followers' trust by his/her own consistency and integrity.
---H.B. London, Jr. and Neil B. Wiseman, Pastors at Risk, Victor Books, 1993, pp. 227-228.
I. Champion Leaders lead under God’s protection plan in the midst of panic; Exodus 12:1-51
- Champion Leaders know how to organize people in preparation of God’s will being executed; vv. 1-11
- Champion Leaders desire God’s protection for His people during painful periods; vv. 12-13
- Champion Leaders will always keep the Passover memory among the people as a memorial; vv. 14-16; 23-29